Marika Ajy
map-marker Davison, Michigan

Not Happy

Bought it and didn't use it and they said I could use it at anytime! Bought it on April 6, 2012 in Grand Blanc Michigan.

Payed $3,100.00 for it not very happy!

Please keep me informed! Went last week to use it and closed a new business there!!

Amber M Apj
map-marker Peabody, Massachusetts

Horrible

I paid $1,500 for skincare treatments. The staff was very young and seemed very inexperienced and unprofessional.

I should've listened to my instincts but I bought the package anyway since I got what I thought was a great deal on Black Friday. The first time I went the girl burned my face with a peel, even though I had warned her in advance that I have sensitive skin. After that they went bankrupt and I have never been able to recover my money. My package was financed through Comenity Capital Bank and they claim they are not accountable for giving me my money back.

Something is not right here and I want my money back. This is theft.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Service
  • Service quality
  • Theft
company went bankrupt

Guest

314359**** We need to figure this out. Something awful happened to me.

Sharon C Plk
map-marker Virginia Beach, Virginia

Theives

Purchased a package of over $5,000.00 for laser hair removal. I never used it and got it from the finance company they offered there.

I never got my money back. I wish I could meet the owner to spit in their face. This was a great place and had many positive reviews in Virginia Beach Virginia. I feel many military (like my self) were taken advantage of.

I heard they are re opened again under something else. What a scam. If anyone knows how to get a hold of them to get my money back I sure would like the information. I still would like my money back.

I know so many other girls that this happened to. I also think it is ridiculous that they were charging $100.00 just to get our patient records from them.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Money taken and no services provided
Warranty issue

Preferred solution: Offer me my full body package of laser hair removal. whole body.

Jeweline Sox

They did the same thing to me and I’m still trying to figure out how I can either get refunded or get my treatments as promised. There should be a class action lawsuit against these people

American Laser Skincare in Fort Worth, TX owes me $2,250

Its my understanding that they filed for bankruptcy, but they owe me serves of $2,250. I have the paperwork.

If there is a class action law suit, I want to be included. I want a refund! I purchased velashape, and had 7 remaining treatments, for 2 areas. I would consider, an equitable trade, with related treatments, but only in the close proximity.

I'm talking about the American Laser Skincare, that was at the following address: 800 8th Avenue, Suite 616, Fort Worth, Texas 76104 Old phone number was 817-338-****, It is now a fax number. Internet shows a number of 1-86*-471-****, which is supposedly a different company.

This is the # of the lady, that says that they went bankrupt. NRKT2010@***.com

Loss:
Cons:
  • Being ripped off
  • No information about closure
  • Owe me money
They owe me $2,250!

Preferred solution: Full refund

Bad experience/ scarring/ no results

This company also tricked me with the "$300" winning deal to come in and get laser hair removal. I came in and they also talked me into 6 or 12 sessions of foto facials.

This was back in 2007. I started in coralville, Iowa and finished in Jacksonville, Florida.

My hair removal gave no results nor did the foto facials, and now I am realizing that my sever scarring and premature aging that I thought was acne scarring is actually from the foto facials. If there is any way I can sue this company or get a full refund- I need to do that!

Bad quality

Paying for services never recieved

They opened a charge account with Comenity Bank for $2500. I received half the treatments before they closed without any warning.

Spoke with the bank who said they were aware of the closings and would investigate my complaint. Needless to say they denied my appeal and I'm still on the hook for about $1500 of services I never received . The bank is as bad as the company, at this point I'm being charged huge interest and fees. the BBB knows about the complaints, I'm thinking of filling with the local AG.

This site isn't much help either an one seems to have any answers. This site keeps telling me to make my review at least 100 words and its over that so this is BS too.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Very little
Cons:
  • Billing
Problems with payment

They took my money I didn't get my treatments

American laser took my money please add me if this is still in effect nesrin Awad

Order processing issue

Add me also.

how do i get my money back ??

$2200.

They took it and closed the doors and never said a word to anyone.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

If anyone can tel me how and or what to do here..

Please email at 1blurose@***.net. Thank You Bonnie

Hiedi Xvl

American Laser Center

I prepaid for my laser service of $2,500 and in addition my husband also purchased a gift-card of $500 for me from american laser center that i have not yet used toward any treatments. I had to travel out of the country for work immediately after my first treatment and I was told that i have unlimited time to avail the services so i was not worried of coming back and getting the laser treatments.

But now have come back after almost less than one year and they company does not exist. They have closed the business and taken all my money.

I would like my money back. is there a class action lawsuit already filed and can you share the information with me?

Loss:
Cons:
  • Stole money
Reason of review:
THE BUSINESS TOOK MY MONEY AND CLOSED ITS DOORS WITHOUT PERFORMING MY SERVICE OR RETURNING MY MONEY.

Burns on my legs

I went to American laser for hair removal and the nurses kept burning my legs with the lasers. Now I have brown spots all over my legs from the lasers.

I spent thousands of dollars and they still owe me other treatments they promised were part of my package.

I feel cheated. Did anyone get there money back?

Scam

Treatment not for dark skin tone , left scares on my face and neck !!!! Will never ref anyone here , always check a company reviews first !!!!

Bad quality

DEBT COLLECTORS CALLING ME FOR A REFUND!

Hi, my wife just got summoned to pay $2,504 when she only got 1 or 2 treatments at MOST. Then these morans went out of business - in the past they try to collect and we explained what happened - the collector was like OK let me get in touch with the client as it could be a mistake - 1 year later we get this letter saying that they will sue us and it turns out its from another Collection Agency with some lawyers with them I live in ILLINOIS is there any advice, next steps I SHOULD DO? They are trying to settle but I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY DAM NEAR 1,500 to get this issue resolved when they initially wanted over $2400!!

To All,

I also have been sued by a collection agengy lawyer, even though I too paid $2500 and received no services. They took a small balance and tacked on a lot of fees to make it a lot more.

When you are sued they must file in a court in your local residence, usually the Justice of the Peace in your county. You should plead your case to the JP giving full detail of the situation and you should ask the JP to dismiss the claim. Many JP's have dismissed the lawsuit. It depends on you getting your information truthfully to the JP and the JP accepting your plea for your case.

When you receive the lawsuit papers, right a 'letter of answer' to the JP court it is filed at explaining everything. Then the JP will followup. It is best to do this rather than ignore the lawsuit and not fight for your case. If you ignore it the JP may have no other choice to rule in favor of plaintiff collection agency.

You have a better change when you fight it. Also do not contact the collection agency or the lawyers at all. Do not offer to pay them anything. If you contact them and try to negotiate a settlement or pay them anything, all that does is refreshes the debt giving it a new date they will use to take on 7 more years of collection harrassement.

Let it die out at the credit bureau from it original date of purchase. Only deal with the JP if you get sued.

Guest

i am dealing with the same ***. they double charged me i paid the original amount owed, they never changed the amount on the online billing, charged interest when it was "interest free" for 12 months now i am being sued after i paid and they filed bankruptcy and now a 3rd party is suing me for more than the original charge after all of this??? HOW IS THIS *** LEGAL

View more comments (1)
Terrel Ifq
map-marker Springfield, Missouri

American Laser Skincare Laser Hair Removal Review

I had laser hair removal done. I spent my income tax money on the service.

After they did treatment they told me i had to pay more money. The hair on my face is worst

map-marker Redding, California

Money owed

I purchased several gift certificates for microderm abrasion and had one left to used but unable to get the service. I also had purchased a plan for skin tightening and only used part of it.

I am very upset that I can't be reimbursed. I had difficulty with scheduling because I live a distance away and the receptionist was often short with me and unable to work things out. I really want to do something to get at least part of my money back.

I need to be able to pay for those services from some other vendor now that I can't get them with American Laser Center. I hope you can help me.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
map-marker Port Washington, New York

Class action suit

Commenity bank is the lender therefore they are still looking for their payment regardless if we are receiving services or not. You can file a dispute with Commenity bank however Im not sure how far this will get you.

This is what I was told when I called customer service at commenity. As far as writing to the FDIC, this will not work. A class action suit is what we will need to see any kind of reimbursement.

If we use this site as a forum hopefully there will be some kind of a resolution. Keep looking here for updates as I will be contacting a lawyer.

Guest

I didn’t spend much $657 but it didn’t work. I still have hair and still have to wax which is costing a lot. Please add me to the lawsuit saramcatee@***.com

Guest

I purchased a $1700 laser hair removal package that did absolutely nothing please add me to the lawsuit as well MichelleCanales215@***.com

Guest

I felt like I was lied too while getting treatments. ElyseLibs@***.com

Guest

If it's not too late, I'd like to be added to the suit. I paid $2000 for treatments that did absolutely nothing. I felt like I was lied too while getting treatments.

Guest

I’m still so angry! I’ve been looking for any information regarding the lawsuit.

Guest

Please add me to this lawsuit as well. Awadelitchfield@***.com

Guest

Hello my name is senaida Huante and I paid 800 for treatment that I never received. I paid that amount like a few weeks before they close I would like to be involved in the lawsuit please keep me informed. My email is huante.sadie@***.com

Guest

my email for the lawsuit nancypoobear@***.com

keep me informed.

Guest

Hi... I am still waiting for my $1000 refund.

Please include me in the lawsuit. My email is sunitmayall@***.com

View more comments (89)
map-marker San Francisco, California

I'm still waiting for refund

I recently applied for Thousands of dollars in credit for services I have paid towards but have not received yet.It is an extremely frustrating and stressful process trying to get this resolved thru Comenity Bank as they are referring us to talk to a company that went out of business without warning.

I submitted my dispute to them in writing and they still sent me a credit billing statement too.We definitely need to have a class action lawsuit against Comenity Bank / American Laser Skincare if they don't protect our Credit Rights as customers, as it is not our fault American Skincare's CFO committed a Fraudulent Act of Crime!!! Shirin

shirinaz@***.com

Loss:
Cons:
  • Owner is thief
  • Closed without notification
  • Not experience with certain problems
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
map-marker Ashburn, Virginia

Short Review on September&nbs-04:00;21,&nbs-04:00;2016

Brian and Melissa Horman (now Bolden) owned 7 American Laser Franchises in Maryland including Towson, Columbia and Frederick. They now own Alazzo Med Spa, located at 8927 Fingerboard Road, suite E,

Frederick, Maryland 21704

Phone: (301)810-****

Fax: (301)810-****

About

Summary

American Laser Skincare is a specialised clinic which provides skin products and laser treatment. The company offers skin care programs for different age needs. It has designed more than 12 million skin treatments. American Laser Skincare has products that help to fight against unwanted hair, whisking, body shaping and skin rejuvenation, etc. The assortment of the company includes cosmetic products of such brand as VelaShape, Zerona, Botox and Latisse. Before skin treatment plan offering, the company usually provides consultations concerning individual needs, checks medical history of the customers, discovers their goals and lifestyle. American Laser Skincare offers licensed technology treatment plans which are promised to be performed by certified staff. The company has over 135 locations arround the USA (in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and San Francisco, etc.).

American Laser Skincare reviews and complaints

American Laser Skincare is ranked 124 out of 569 in Beauty Salons and Spas category

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article